Getting on the frontpage of Digg:
1. Make sure there isn’t any quality content involved at all. If there is any quality involved, people will not digg. Its a mystery, but I guess diggers are an odd bunch. Also, make sure you don’t submit your own stories, for some reason people get really mad when you want traffic for your website.
2. Add friends, but be careful. If you shout too many times, your story will get buried thus eliminating your chances at front page Digg glory! I had to have 11 stories fail before 1 of mine was put on the front page, then it was subsequently buried for not having quality content. (go figure)
3. Digg other people’s stories. Do it no matter how boring it is. They’ll reciprocate. Make sure you take care of your digg buddies and they’ll take care of you. Obviously if the story is just bad, you won’t digg it, but you get the idea. This is a social networking site…network.
4. Be nice even when others are mean. When the official Digg “leet crew” see something that isn’t from one of their friends, or find a chance to flex their e-influence, they will. Just apply the theory that “you’ll always catch more flies with honey….” Just because some 24 year old fat loser in his mom’s basement thinks its cool to knock stuff off of the front page, you may not so much appreciate it. But still be nice to him, as one day, when you overcome all the odds, he will surely be asking you to shout and digg his articles.
5. Be strong. Be able to withstand the onslaught of hate. When you get your first story on the front page of digg, and it gets kicked off nearly immediately you will be back to square one. But at least you got that rush….. Never give up, I know I won’t.
I hope this helps anyone who wants to get be a pro Digger like me. Defy the odds, submit, and make history!
EDIT: I recently GOT ON THE FRONT PAGE OF DIGG!!